Savoury Wheat-Free Bread
Wheat Free Bread Recipe Ingredients:
* 1 teaspoon honey
* 1 cup warm vegetable water (left over from steaming vegetables)
* 1 tablespoon active dried yeast
* 1 apple, peeled and grated
* ½ onion finely chopped
* ½ teaspoon dried herbs, or 1 tablespoon fresh herbs, such as parsley
* 1 cup brown rice flour
* 1 cup rolled oats
* ¼ cup quinoa flakes
* ¼ cup ground almonds
* 1 egg
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* salt to taste, ½ to 1 teaspoon
Wheat Free Bread Recipe Instructions
1. Dissolve honey in warm water in a mixing bowl. Sprinkle the dried yeast over the surface. While waiting for the yeast to froth (about 10 minutes), peel and grate the apple, chop the onion and gather the other ingredients. When the yeast is frothy, add the rest of the ingredients and stir thoroughly to a batter. You do not have to knead this bread – it should be too wet to knead, in any case.
2. If baking in muffin tins, spoon mixture into muffin tins, leave to rise in a warm place. Bake at 200°C for about ½ hour, or if making drop scones, leave the mixture to rise in the mixing bowl, then cook spoonfuls on a hot griddle or in a frying pan.
There is nothing quite like the smell of baking bread. Without wheat, bread making can be quite a “hit and miss” affair at the beginning. As long as everything is warm and the yeast is working, it does not matter too much how wet or dry is the mixture. If it looks too wet for a loaf, bake it in muffins tins. If it's too wet for muffins, make drop scones on a griddle . Enjoy the bread !