- 85 g brown rice flour
- 85 g tapioca flour
- 2 tbsp dry milk powder
- 7 g packet dried yeast
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp unflavoured vegetarian gelatine
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp vinegar
- ½ tsp sugar
- 150 ml warm water
- 75 g cheese, grated
preheat oven: 200°C, 400°F, Gas 6
1. In a mixing bowl combine the rice flour, tapioca flour, milk powder, dried yeast, xanthan gun and gelatine.
2. In a separate bowl mix the olive oil, vinegar, sugar and warm water.
3. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the wet mixture. Beat well for 5 - 6 minutes by hand, or for 3 minutes in a food mixer. The dough should be soft and slightly sticky.
4. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment, or lightly oil and flour. Halve the dough, place on the baking sheet and using your hands knead the dough into a circular shape. Sprinkling with flour to stop sticking.
5. Make the dough approximately 2cm thick and roughly circular in shape.
6. Bake the flat bread for 10 minutes.
7. Top the flat bread with the grated cheese and put back into the oven for 18-20 minutes, until golden brown and crispy.This flat bread is delicious either hot or cold and will stay fresh if sealed in plastic bags for 2-3 days. It is perfect as a satisfying packed lunch food when on a long walk, a day out anywhere or as an accompaniment to picnics or meals . Our favourite flat wheat free bread is sprinkled with crushed chillis on top of the cheese before cooking. Nice...enjoy it !