Bread rolls - a great wheat free bread recipe to try !
- 0 g rice flour
- 90 g tapioca flour
- 70 g cornflour
- 1 tbsp potato flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp unflavoured vegetarian gelatine
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ tbsp sugar, divided
- 225 ml warm water
- 2¼ tsp dry yeast granules
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 med. egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp olive oil or flavourless oil
reheat oven: 190°C, 375°F, Gas 5
1. Lightly oil 6 baking rings (approx. 3½" diameter), place on a baking tray.
2. In a bowl mix together the rice flour, tapioca flour, cornflour, potato flour, xanthan gum, gelatine, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar to the warm water and sprinkle on the yeast. Set aside to foam slightly.
4. In another bowl mix together the remaining sugar, vinegar, egg and oil. Add the yeast mixture.
5. Pour the liquid into a well in the middle of the dry flour mix and mix thoroughly, using a wooden spoon beat the mixture until it is smooth, (only takes a couple of minutes).
6. Spoon the batter into the prepared rings. Cover lightly with plastic and let rise in a warm place until double in size (generally about 45 mins, but if you have somewhere warm it will be quicker.)
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 375°, Gas 5 for 20-22 minutes.
8. When you remove the rolls from the oven, immediately take them out of the rings or they will go soggy, leave to cool on a wire rack.
The bread rolls wheatfree bread recipes is ready to serve..hot ! Nice taste !